Friday, June 25, 2010

Homemade Fountain

One of my favorite things is the sound of tinkling water in a fountain. I perused the net for a fountain for my back patio but the size that I desired was extremely out of my price range. My sister had an old plastic swimming pool sand filter housing which I broke apart, spray painted blue, stopped the holes, and filled with water. I had some circular tiles which I stacked in the filter housing and ran tubbing through to the pot. The concrete pot was also spray painted blue. I put a piece of hardware cloth in the top of the pot and added rocks on top of that so that the water would sound cooler. The water sprays up through the tubbing spilling back in the pot and running back down into the larger container making the sound much louder. The only real cost for the project was the tubbing, paint, and pump from Lowes.

No comments:

Post a Comment